S.I. No. 391/2014 - Dietitians Registration Board Application for Registration Bye-Law 2014.
Notice of the making of this Statutory Instrument was published in
“Iris Oifigiúil” of 5th September, 2014.
The Dietitians Registration Board, in exercise of the powers conferred on it by section 31 of the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 (as amended), with the approval of the Health and Social Care Professionals Council, hereby makes the following bye-law:
1. (1) This bye-law may be cited as the Dietitians Registration Board Application for Registration Bye-Law 2014.
(2) This bye-law comes into operation on 2 September 2014.
2. In this bye-law—
“the Act” means the Health and Social Care Professionals Act 2005 (No. 27 of 2005) as amended from time to time;
“the Board” means the Dietitians Registration Board.
3. The Board has determined that a person seeking registration shall apply to the Board by making an application in the form and containing the information set out in this bye-law, or as otherwise determined by the Board from time to time.
4. An application for registration in the register shall:
(1) be made in writing or by electronic means on such form as is provided from time to time by or on behalf of the Board;
(2) contain the following information:
(a) the register to which the application relates;
(b) details and evidence of the applicant’s personal and contact information;
(c) details and evidence of the applicant’s qualification(s) in reliance upon which the application is made;
(d) details and evidence sufficient to satisfy the Board of the applicant’s:
(i) career and employment history;
(ii) proof of practice in their profession (where applicable);
(iii) membership of professional/regulatory bodies (where applicable); and
(iv) professional business operations (where applicable);
(e) details of health and character in a format satisfactory to the Board, for the purposes of assisting the Board’s consideration of the applicant as a fit and proper person to engage in the practice of the profession; and
(f) any other information that the Board may deem necessary for the purpose of Section 37 of the Act;
(3) be completed, signed and dated by the applicant;
(4) be accompanied by:
(a) the following proof and verification of identity:
(i) two recent colour passport-sized photographs of the applicant,
(ii) a certified copy of the applicant’s valid passport or such suitable alternative proof of identity as the Board may from time to time determine,
(iii) details of the applicant’s personal public service number (PPSN); and
(iv) such other proof or verification of identity that the Board may deem necessary;
(b) the application fee prescribed by Council under Section 18 of the Act;
(c) a completed statutory declaration;
(i) a fully completed and signed Garda Vetting form permitting An Garda Síochána to furnish the Board with either a statement that there are no convictions registered against the applicant or a statement of all convictions and/or prosecutions, successful or not, pending or completed, in the State or elsewhere as the case may be; or
(ii) a fully completed and signed application for vetting disclosure (within the meaning of the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Act 2012 (No. 47 of 2012)) permitting An Garda Síochána to furnish any and all information lawfully permitted; and
(e) in the case of applicants who have lived outside of the State for such periods of time as the Board may specify, a certified copy of police clearance from the jurisdictions of previous residence (or such jurisdictions as the Board may deem appropriate) and/or such other information as the Board may from time to time determine in respect of such periods; and
(5) be sent or delivered to the Registrar of the Board.
5. An applicant shall comply with such requirements of the Board in respect of education, training and continuing professional development as may apply from time to time.
6. An applicant who wishes to resume the practice of the profession after not having practised the profession for such period as the Board may specify shall comply with such criteria or conditions as the Board may specify from time to time for the purposes of section 31(1)(fa) of the Act.
GIVEN under the seal of the Dietitians Registration Board
2 September 2014.
Chairperson, Dietitians Registration Board.
Member, Dietitians Registration Board.
(This note is not part of the bye-law and does not purport to be a legal interpretation).
This bye-law details the form of and information to be contained in an application to the Dietitians Registration Board for registration