THE NATIONAL TAX TRIBUNAL (AMENDMENT) Act, 2007
No. 18 of 2007
[3rd April, 2007.]
An Act to amend the National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005.
Be it enacted by Parliament in the Fifty-eighth Year of the Republic of India as
Short title and commencement.
1. Short title and commencement. - (1) This Act may be called the National Tax Tribunal (Amendment) Act, 2007.
(2) It shall be deemed to have come into force on the 29th day of January, 2007.
Amendment of section 5.
2. Amendment of section 5. -In section 5 of the National Tax Tribunal Act, 2005 (hereinafter referred to as the principal Act), in sub-section (5),-
(i) the words "in consultation with the Chairperson" shall be omitted;
(ii) the following proviso shall be inserted, namely:-
"Provided that no Member shall be transferred without the concurrence of the Chairperson.".
Amendment of section 6.
3. Amendment of section 6. - In section 6 of the principal Act, in sub-section (2), in clause (b), for the words "seven years", the words "five years" shall be substituted.
Amendment of section 13.
4. Amendment of section 13. - In section 13 of the principal Act, in sub-section (1), the words "or any person duly authorised by him or it" shall be omitted.
Repeal and saving.
5. Repeal and saving. - (1) The National Tax Tribunal (Amendment) Ordinance, 2007 is hereby repealed.
(2) Notwithstanding the repeal of the National Tax Tribunal (Amendment) Ordinance, 2007, anything done or any action taken under the principal Act, as amended by the said Ordinance, shall be deemed to have been done or taken under the corresponding provisions of the principal Act, as amended by this Act.
K. N. Chaturvedi,
Secy. to the Govt. of India.