Council Joint Action 2003/141/CFSP of 27 February 2003 amending Joint Action 2002/210/CFSP on the European Union Police Mission
Official Journal L 053 , 28/02/2003 P. 0063 - 0063
Council Joint Action 2003/141/CFSP
of 27 February 2003
amending Joint Action 2002/210/CFSP on the European Union Police Mission
THE COUNCIL OF THE EUROPEAN UNION,
Having regard to the Treaty on European Union, and in particular Article 14 thereof,
(1) On 11 March 2002, the Council adopted Joint Action 2002/210/CFSP on the European Union Police Mission(1), laying down a multiannual schedule to finance it.
(2) For technical reasons it proved impossible to finalise an invitation to tender for certain equipment needed for the Mission's start-up within the prescribed time limits. Because the financing agreement referred to in Article 166(1)(a) of Council Regulation (EC, Euratom) No 1605/2002 of 25 June 2002 on the Financial Regulation applicable to the general budget of the European Communities(2) restricted eligibility of expenditure to 2002, these appropriations can no longer be used in 2003.
(3) The expenditure relating to this invitation to tender must therefore be charged to the Community budget for 2003.
(4) Joint Action 2002/210/CFSP should be amended accordingly,
HAS ADOPTED THIS JOINT ACTION:
Article 9(1) and (2) of Joint Action 2002/210/CFSP shall be replaced by the following:
"1. The costs for the implementation of this Joint Action shall be:
(a) EUR 14 million for start-up costs (including equipment and the Planning Team) for 2002, to be financed out of the Community budget;
(b) EUR 1,7 million for start-up costs (including equipment) for 2003, to be financed out of the Community budget;
(c) up to EUR 38 million for yearly running costs for the years 2003 to 2005, divided up as follows:
(i) up to EUR 17 million for per diem depending on the daily rate set and EUR 1 million for travel costs, which pursuant to Article 5(2) shall be charged on a costs 'lie where they fall' basis;
(ii) the remainder of EUR 20 million (EUR 11 million for operational running costs, EUR 4 million for local staff, EUR 5 million for international civilian staff) to be financed in common out of the Community budget.
The final budget for the years 2003 to 2005 shall be decided by the Council on an annual basis.
2. Should financing of the costs referred to in paragraph 1(c)(ii) on the basis of the Community budget not be sufficient, the Council shall decide, in accordance with the provisions of the Treaty on European Union, how to cover any remaining gap, which shall consist of common costs.".
This Joint Action shall enter into force on the date of its adoption.
This Joint Action shall be published in the Official Journal of the European Union.
Done at Brussels, 27 February 2003.
For the Council
(1) OJ L 70, 13.3.2002, p. 1.
(2) OJ L 248, 16.9.2002, p. 1.