Commission Regulation (EC) No 604/2004
of 29 March 2004
on the communication of information on tobacco from the 2000 harvest onwards
THE COMMISSION OF THE EUROPEAN COMMUNITIES,
Having regard to the Treaty establishing the European Community,
Having regard to Council Regulation (EEC) No 2075/92 of 30 June 1992 on the common organisation of the market in raw tobacco(1), as last amended by Regulation (EC) No 2319/2003(2), and in particular Article 21 thereof,
(1) Commission Regulation (EC) No 2636/1999 of 14 December 1999 on the communication of information on tobacco from the 2000 harvest onwards and repealing Regulation (EEC) No 1771/93(3) has been substantially amended several times(4). In the interests of clarity and rationality the said Regulation should be codified.
(2) The information to be communicated under Regulation (EEC) No 2075/92 and the regulations adopted for its application should be laid down.
(3) In the interests of efficient administration, this information should be grouped and a timetable established for its submission.
(4) The measures provided for in this Regulation are in accordance with the opinion of the Management Committee for Tobacco,
HAS ADOPTED THIS REGULATION:
The Member States shall communicate the information set out in Annexes I, II and III in accordance with the time limits given therein.
The information shall be provided for each harvest and for each group of varieties.
The Member States shall take the measures necessary to ensure that the economic operators concerned provide them with the information required within the relevant time limits.
Information on stocks held by first processing enterprises shall be communicated in accordance with Annex III.
Regulation (EC) No 2636/1999 is repealed.
References to the repealed Regulation shall be construed as references to this Regulation and shall be read in accordance with the correlation table in Annex V.
This Regulation shall enter into force on the 20th day following that of its publication in the Official Journal of the European Union.
This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Brussels, 29 March 2004.
For the Commission
(1) OJ L 215, 30.7.1992, p. 70.
(2) OJ L 345, 31.12.2003, p. 17.
(3) OJ L 323, 15.12.1999, p. 4.
(4) See Annex IV.
>PIC FILE= "L_2004097EN.003502.TIF">
>PIC FILE= "L_2004097EN.003602.TIF">
>PIC FILE= "L_2004097EN.003702.TIF">
Repealed Regulation with its successive amendments