List of data and documents required to be appended to application for initiating proceedings for issuing temporary residence permit on basis of application of public prosecutor’s office upon existence of substantial public interest, and format of application of Public prosecutor’s Office
Passed 14.07.2010 Annex 30
RT I 2010, 61, 441
Entry into force 01.10.2010
Amended by the following legal instruments (show)
Entry into force
RT I, 14.12.2010, 1
RT I, 08.07.2011, 40
The Regulation is established under Section 225 of the “Aliens Act“.
§ 1. Submitting of application for issuing temporary residence permit on basis of application of Public prosecutor’s Office upon existence of substantial public interest
(1) The public prosecutor acting in the name of the Public prosecutor’s Office shall submit an application for issuing a temporary residence permit, or for extending a temporary residence permit in the case of substantial public interest (hereinafter application) to the Police and Border Guard Board by post.
(2) The application shall be completed in capital letters in the Estonian language, and shall contain no corrections. The application shall state all the data prescribed by the Regulation. The fields of the application shall be completed in dark characters, which ensure the preservation of the data. The public prosecutor shall attest to the authenticity of the document copies appended to the application by his or her signature.
(3) The photograph of the alien appended to the application shall comply with the requirements set for photographs submitted with identity document applications, established by the Government of the Republic under “Identity Documents Act”.
§ 2. Certificates submitted upon application
The applicant shall submit:
1) the application complying with the format;
2) a copy of the alien’s identity document;
3) the alien’s photograph.
§ 3. Term for review of application
The Police and Border Guard Board shall review the application and shall decide on issuing or extending the temporary residence permit or on refusal of the same within 10 business days as of the date of submitting the application.
§ 4. Data submitted in application
(1) The application shall set out the following data:
1) the personal data of the alien (Estonian personal identification code, if any, given names, surnames, date of birth, country of birth, sex, nationality);
2) the last place of residence of the alien, before arriving in Estonia;
3) information pertaining to the travel documents of a foreign country held by the alien;
4) the contact data of the alien in Estonia (postal address, telephone, e-mail address);
5) the personal data of the public prosecutor submitting the application (given names, surnames);
6) the official title of the public prosecutor submitting the application
7) the contact data of the public prosecutor submitting the application (postal address, telephone, e-mail address);
8) the basis for the application for temporary residence permit and the residence permit applied for (temporary residence permit or extension of temporary residence permit);
[RT I, 08.07.2011, 40 – entry into force 20.07.2011];
9) the duration of the applied residence permit or extension thereof;
10) the place of issuing the document;
11) the number of the criminal case in which the alien is either an injured party or a witness.
(2) The application shall contain the confirmation of the public prosecutor regarding:
1) the identification of the alien or verification of the alien’s identity and the correspondence of the appended photograph the appearance of the alien;
2) the conformity of the alien with the conditions set forth in Section 203 of the “Alien’s Act”.
(3) In the application the alien shall state his or her written consent for the issue or extension of his or her residence permit.
(4) In order to revoke a temporary residence permit issued upon existence of substantial public interest under Section 201 of the “Alien’s Act”, the public prosecutor acting in the name of the Prosecutor’s Office shall submit to the Police and Border Guard Board a written submission, which states the circumstances constituting the basis for revoking the residence permit.
§ 5. Establishing of format of application
To establish the format of the “Application of the Prosecutor’s Office” (appended).
§ 6. Entry into force of Regulation
The Regulation shall enter into force on 1 October 2010.