Fish and Game Clubs Act
1. Upon the petition of at least five persons of the age of majority and upon payment of the fee set out in the Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises (chapter P-44.1), the enterprise registrar may issue an order constituting as a club, vested with legal personality, the petitioners and all other persons who thereafter become members thereof; a club thus constituted may acquire and hold all such property as is necessary to accomplish the objects and purposes mentioned in section 2.
The name of a club shall be in conformity with section 9.1 of the Companies Act (chapter C-38).
Grounds for refusal.
The enterprise registrar shall refuse to constitute a club whose proposed name is not in conformity with any of paragraphs 1 to 6 of section 9.1 of the Companies Act.
The enterprise registrar may require from the petitioners all information he deems necessary before granting their petition.
Deposit of order in register.
The enterprise registrar shall deposit the order in the register referred to in Chapter II of the Act respecting the legal publicity of enterprises (chapter P-44.1).
R. S. 1964, c. 204, s. 1; 1969, c. 26, s. 22; 1975, c. 76, s. 11; 1981, c. 9, s. 24; 1982, c. 52, s. 111; 1993, c. 48, s. 209; 1999, c. 40, s. 53; 2002, c. 45, s. 262; 2010, c. 7, s. 193; 2010, c. 7, s. 282.
2. The aim and object of such clubs shall be to aid in the enforcement of the laws and regulations for the protection of fish and game in Québec.
Revocation of powers.
Whenever the enterprise registrar is satisfied, upon satisfactory evidence, and upon report that any club constituted under this Act is engaged in any other pursuit than the foregoing, the powers conferred in virtue of section 1 shall be revoked.
R. S. 1964, c. 204, s. 2; 1969, c. 26, s. 23; 1975, c. 76, s. 11; 1981, c. 9, s. 24; 1982, c. 52, s. 112; 1999, c. 40, s. 53; 2002, c. 45, s. 263.
3. The members of any such club may adopt such by-laws, rules and regulations for the management of their affairs as they see fit.
R. S. 1964, c. 204, s. 3; 1969, c. 26, s. 24; 1975, c. 76, s. 11; 1979, c. 32, s. 5.
List of members, guests and visitors.
4. Every such club shall forward to the enterprise registrar, on or about 1 April and on or about 1 October, in each year, a duly certified list of its members, mentioning their residence, and another list of the guests and visitors, giving their residence.
R. S. 1964, c. 204, s. 4; 1969, c. 26, s. 25; 1975, c. 76, s. 11; 1981, c. 9, s. 24; 1982, c. 52, s. 112; 1999, c. 40, s. 53; 2002, c. 45, s. 263.
5. In so far as applicable, the provisions of the Companies Act (chapter C-38) shall govern clubs for the protection of fish and game.
Exercise of remedy.
The remedy provided for in section 123.27.1 of that Act, adapted as required, may be exercised in respect of the name of a club.
R. S. 1964, c. 204, s. 5; 1993, c. 48, s. 210; 1999, c. 40, s. 53.
6. (This section ceased to have effect on 17 April 1987).
1982, c. 21, s. 1; U. K., 1982, c. 11, Sch. B, Part I, s. 33.
7. The Government designates the Minister responsible for the administration of this Act except the provisions relating to the responsibilities of the enterprise registrar, which are administered by the Minister of Revenue.
2002, c. 45, s. 264; 2006, c. 38, s. 15.
The Minister of Finance exercises the functions of the Minister of Revenue provided for in this Act. Order in Council 362-2014 dated 24 April 2014, (2014) 146 G.O. 2 (French), 1871.
not in force
8. The Minister of Economic Development, Innovation and Export Trade is responsible for the application of this Act.
2002, c. 45, s. 264; 2003, c. 29, s. 170; 2006, c. 8, s. 31.
In accordance with section 17 of the Act respecting the consolidation of the statutes (chapter R-3), chapter 204 of the Revised Statutes, 1964, in force on 31 December 1977, is repealed effective from the coming into force of chapter C-22 of the Revised Statutes.