An Act respecting the Amicale des anciens parlementaires du Québec
1. An association known as the “Amicale des anciens parlementaires du Québec” is hereby instituted.
1993, c. 81, s. 1.
2. The association is a legal person.
1993, c. 81, s. 2.
3. The association has its head office in the territory of Ville de Québec.
1993, c. 81, s. 3; 2000, c. 56, s. 220.
Board of management.
4. The affairs of the association are administered by a board of management composed of six association members.
1993, c. 81, s. 4.
Composition of first board.
5. The first board of management, the members of which shall serve for a term not exceeding one year, shall be composed of six former parliamentarians designated by the Office of the National Assembly.
1993, c. 81, s. 5.
6. The objects of the association are
(1) to put knowledge and experience of former Members and former legislative councillors at the service of parliamentary democracy both in Québec and elsewhere;
(2) to serve the public interest;
(3) to foster a spirit of community among former parliamentarians of the Parliament of Québec;
(4) to promote relations between its members and Members of the National Assembly;
(5) to defend and promote the interests of former parliamentarians of the Parliament of Québec.
1993, c. 81, s. 6.
7. In the pursuit of its objects, the association may, in particular,
(1) form study groups and organize meetings, seminars and conferences during which former parliamentarians may exchange views with participants and inform themselves on matters of common interest;
(2) attend to the organization of visits of former parliamentarians to the National Assembly;
(3) organize visits, within Québec or elsewhere, to enable former parliamentarians to exchange views with other parliamentarians or other persons and to inform themselves on matters of common interest;
(4) publish journals, monographs, pamphlets, reports of conferences, seminars, discussions and visits and other papers relevant to the objects of the association.
1993, c. 81, s. 7.
Gifts, legacies, subsidies.
8. The association may solicit and receive gifts, legacies, subsidies and other contributions provided that the conditions attaching thereto are compatible with the objects of the association.
1993, c. 81, s. 8.
9. Any former parliamentarian having sat in the Parliament of Québec as a Member or a legislative councillor may be a member of the association.
1993, c. 81, s. 9.
10. The President of the National Assembly is the honorary president of the association.
1993, c. 81, s. 10.
11. The membership in the association of any member who becomes a Member of the National Assembly shall cease.
1993, c. 81, s. 11.
Dissolution or liquidation.
12. In the event of dissolution or liquidation, all the assets of the association, after payment of its debts, shall devolve upon the Fondation Jean-Charles-Bonenfant.
1993, c. 81, s. 12.
1993, c. 81, s. 13.
In accordance with section 9 of the Act respecting the consolidation of the statutes and regulations (chapter R-3), chapter 81 of the statutes of 1993, in force on 1 September 1994, is repealed, except section 13, effective from the coming into force of chapter A-19.2 of the Revised Statutes.