AR 138/89 LETHBRIDGE REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION (no amdt)
ALBERTA REGULATION 138/89
Municipal Government Act
LETHBRIDGE REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION
Table of Contents
1 Commission established
3 Services 4 Fees
6 Operating deficits
1 There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Lethbridge Regional Waste Management Services Commission.
AR 138/89 s1
2 The following municipalities shall be members of the Commission:
(a) County of Lethbridge No. 26;
(b) Town of Picture Butte;
(c) Village of Nobleford.
AR 138/89 s2
3(1) The Commission shall supply waste management services
(a) to all customers who are, on the effective date of acquisition of the facilities under section 5, receiving waste management services from the Lethbridge Regional Waste Management Authority, and
(b) to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission decides to supply waste management services.
(2) Waste management services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis.
AR 138/89 s3
4(1) The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the service.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.
(3) Each member municipality shall receive waste management services from the Commission at the same rate.
(4) Retail rates for service shall be determined by each of the municipalities that are members of the Commission.
AR 138/89 s4
5(1) The municipalities referred to in section 2 shall execute all documents and do all things necessary to transfer to the Commission all land, buildings and personal property listed in the Schedule to this Regulation.
(2) The Commission shall not sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of waste management services without the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
(3) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may give his approval under subsection (2) if he is satisfied
(a) as to the repayment of provincial grants and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings and personal property to be sold, and
(b) that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the supply of waste management services by the Commission.
AR 138/89 s5
6 The Commission shall not assume operating deficits with respect to the land, buildings or personal property that is shown on the books of the Lethbridge Regional Waste Management Authority or any of its member municipalities.
AR 138/89 s6 Schedule
1. That portion of the south‑east quarter of section ten (10), Township eleven (11), Range twenty‑three (23), West of the Fourth Meridian bounded as follows:
(a) on the north by Site “C” on Plan 7610314;
(b) on the east by Plan 707JK;
(c) on the south by Road Plan 2883BM;
(d) on the west by extra right of way on Plan RY 222;
containing 0.882 hectares (2.18 acres) more or less, excepting thereout all mines and minerals.
2. All buildings located on the land referred to in section 1.
AR 138/89 Sched.