AR 142/86 BIG COUNTRY WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION (Consolidated up to 110/2007)
ALBERTA REGULATION 142/86
Municipal Government Act
BIG COUNTRY WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION
Table of Contents
1 Commission established
3 Services 4 Fees
6 Operating deficits
1 There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Big Country Waste Management Services Commission.
AR 142/86 s1
2 The following municipalities shall be members of the Commission:
(a) Municipal District of Acadia No. 34;
(a.1) Special Area No. 2;
(b) Special Area No. 3;
(c) Special Area No. 4;
(d) Town of Hanna;
(e) Town of Oyen;
(f) Village of Cereal;
(g) Village of Consort;
(h) Village of Empress;
(i) Village of Veteran;
(j) Village of Youngstown.
AR 142/86 s2;110/2007
3(1) The Commission shall supply waste management services
(a) to all customers who are, on the effective date of acquisition of the facilities under section 5, receiving waste management services from the Big Country Waste Management Authority, and
(b) to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission decides to supply waste management services.
(2) Waste management services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis.
AR 142/86 s3
4(1) The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the service.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.
(3) Each member municipality shall receive waste management services from the Commission at the same rate.
(4) Retail rates for service shall be determined by each of the municipalities that are members of the Commission.
AR 142/86 s4
5(1) The municipalities referred to in section 2 shall execute all documents and do all things necessary to transfer to the Commission all land, buildings and personal property listed in the Schedule to this Regulation.
(2) The Commission shall not sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of waste management services without the approval of the Lieutenant Governor in Council.
(3) The Lieutenant Governor in Council may give his approval under subsection (2) if he is satisfied
(a) as to the repayment of provincial grants and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings and personal property to be sold, and
(b) that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the supply of waste management services by the Commission.
AR 142/86 s5
6 The Commission shall not assume operating deficits with respect to the land, buildings or personal property that are shown on the books of the Big Country Waste Management Authority or any of its member municipalities.
AR 142/86 s6 Schedule
Location Legal Description Land Owner
Consort SW15-35-6-W4 Consort
Oyen NW27-27-4-W4 Oyen
Cereal SE29-31-5-W4 Special Area Lease
Richdale SW35-30-12-W4 Special Area Lease
Empress SE14-23-1-W4 Special Area Lease
Hanna NW16-31-14-W4 Hanna
Youngstown SE29-29-9-W4 Special Areas Lease
Any buildings on the above land.
Machinery and Equipment
1 - New Caterpillar 953 Track Loader
Serial # 76Y01475
1 - New M543 Clark Bobcat
Serial # 13104
1 - New Haul-All Trailer (live bottom refuse) Serial # 2H9MOV529GLOO1104
Scale - weight - digital control
Model PPL35102-40 Capacity 40 tonne
1 - New Hotsy Kerosene Fired Steamer Part No. 547
Together with Miscellaneous Small Tools
AR 142/86 Sched.