AR 75/92 BEAVER REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION (Consolidated up to 183/2013)
ALBERTA REGULATION 75/92
Municipal Government Act
BEAVER REGIONAL WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES COMMISSION REGULATION
Table of Contents
1 Commission established
6 Operating deficits
7 Profit and surpluses
1 There is hereby established a regional services commission known as the Beaver Regional Waste Management Services Commission.
AR 75/92 s1
2 The following municipalities shall be members of the Commission: (a) County of Beaver No. 9;
(b) Village of Holden;
(c) Village of Ryley;
(d) Town of Tofield;
(e) Town of Viking.
AR 75/92 s2
3(1) The Commission shall supply waste management services
(a) to all municipalities referred to in section 2, and
(b) to any additional persons to whom the board of directors of the Commission decides to supply waste management services.
(2) Waste management services shall be supplied to all customers on an as required basis.
AR 75/92 s3
4(1) The fees to be charged by the Commission to its customers shall be based on the annual full cost recovery for supplying the waste management services.
(2) Without limiting the generality of subsection (1), the cost referred to in subsection (1) includes the debt service cost of debenture repayments.
(3) Each member municipality shall receive waste management services from the Commission at the same rate.
(4) Retail rates for waste management service shall be determined by each of the municipalities that are members of the Commission.
AR 75/92 s4
5(1) The Commission shall not sell any of the land, buildings or personal property used in connection with the supply of waste management services without the approval of the Minister.
(2) The Minister may not approve a sale under subsection (1) unless the Minister is satisfied
(a) as to the repayment of the grants from the Government of Alberta and outstanding debt associated with that portion of the land, buildings and personal property to be sold, and
(b) that the sale would not have a significant adverse effect on the provision of waste management services by the Commission.
AR 75/92 s5;183/2013
6 The Commission shall not assume operating deficits with respect to the land, buildings or personal property that are shown on the books of the Beaver Regional Waste Management Authority or any of its member municipalities.
AR 75/92 s6
Profit and surpluses
7 Unless otherwise approved by the Minister, the Commission must not
(a) operate for the purposes of making a profit, or
(b) distribute any of its surpluses to its member municipalities.
AR 183/2013 s3
8 The Minister may make an approval under section 5 or 7 subject to any terms or conditions the Minister considers appropriate.
AR 183/2013 s3 Schedule
Legal Description Land Owner
NE 10‑50‑17‑W4 County of Beaver
Pt. SE 2‑51‑20‑W4 County of Beaver
Pt. NE 2‑51‑19‑W4 Town of Tofield
Pt. NW 13‑49‑16‑W4 Village of Holden
Plan 3285 R.S.
Pt. NE 31‑48‑14‑W4 County of Beaver
NE 31‑47‑12‑W4 Town of Viking
Pt. NE 28‑46‑11‑W4 County of Beaver
Any Buildings on the above land
Machinery and Equipment
1. Model 953 Caterpillar Tractor Ser. No. 20Z03053
2. Case skid steer loader Model 1840 Ser. No. JAF00465572
3. Imco shuttle floor trailer Ser. No. 1M9‑S50283J1041020
4. Haul all shuttle van trailer Ser. No. 2N9M0V524FL001102
5. All miscellaneous small tools and equipment.
AR 75/92 Sched.