AR 58/98 AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT REGULATION (Consolidated up to 62/2013)
ALBERTA REGULATION 58/98
Government Organization Act
AGRICULTURE AND RURAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT REGULATION
Table of Contents
1 Definition 2 Authority of Minister
3 Purpose of grants
4 Deductions from grant
5 Refund of surplus or repayment
1 In this Regulation, “Minister” means the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development.
AR 58/98 s1;68/2008
Authority of Minister
2(1) The Minister is authorized to make grants in accordance with this Regulation.
(2) The Minister may delegate in writing to an employee of the Government any power conferred or duty imposed on the Minister under section 13 of the Government Organization Act or this Regulation.
(3) The Minister may not under subsection (2) delegate the power to waive any criteria required to receive a grant.
(4) The Minister may enter into an agreement with respect to any matter relating to the payment of a grant.
Purpose of grants
3(1) The Minister may make grants to a person or organization for purposes related to any program, service or other matter under the administration of the Minister.
(2) An application for a grant must be made in the manner and form that the Minister determines.
Deductions from grant
4 If a person who is to receive a grant under this Regulation owes money to the Crown in right of Alberta or the Crown in right of Canada, the Minister may deduct all or a portion of the money owing from the grant.
Refund of surplus or repayment
5(1) The recipient of a grant may use the money
(a) only for the purpose for which the grant is made, or
(b) if the original purpose for which the grant is made is varied with the consent of the Minister, only for the purpose as varied.
(2) If the recipient of a grant does not use all of the money for the purpose for which the grant is made, the Minister may require the recipient of a grant to refund the surplus money to the Minister, in favour of the President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance.
(3) The Minister may require the recipient of a grant to repay all or part of the money to the Minister, in favour of the President of Treasury Board and Minister of Finance if the recipient does not comply with any conditions of the grant or does not use the money as required under this Regulation.
AR 58/98 s5;27/2002;68/2008;62/2013
6 The Minister may at any time require that a recipient of a grant
(a) provide information to the Minister so that the Minister may determine whether the recipient is complying with any conditions of the grant and is using the money as required under this Regulation,
(b) provide an audited financial statement of the expenditure of the money, and
(c) permit a representative of the Minister or the Auditor General, or both, to examine any books or records to determine whether the money has been properly expended.
7 The Agriculture Grants Regulation (AR 87/78) is repealed.
8 For the purpose of ensuring that this Regulation is reviewed for ongoing relevancy and necessity, with the option that it may be re‑passed in its present or an amended form following a review, this Regulation expires on March 31, 2020.
AR 58/98 s8;237/2002;25/2010