ONTARIO REGULATION 359/11
made under the
HIGHWAY TRAFFIC ACT
Made: July 19, 2011
Filed: July 26, 2011
Published on e-Laws: July 28, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 13, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 34/06
(Pre-Empting Traffic Control Signal Devices)
Note: Ontario Regulation 34/06 has not previously been amended.
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 34/06 is amended by adding the following definition:
“emergency vehicle” means an ambulance, a fire department vehicle or a police department vehicle;
2. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Exemptions from prohibition
2. The following vehicles are exempt from the prohibition in subsection 79.1 (1) of the Act against pre-empting traffic control signal devices:
1. Public transit vehicles.
2. Emergency vehicles.
3. Traffic signal maintenance vehicles, so long as the pre-empting traffic control signal device is being used only to test traffic control signal systems or to test the pre-empting traffic control signal device.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.