ONTARIO REGULATION 58/12
made under the
POLICE SERVICES ACT
Made: April 4, 2012
Filed: April 25, 2012
Published on e-Laws: April 25, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 12, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 354/04
(MAJOR CASE MANAGEMENT)
Note: Ontario Regulation 354/04 has not previously been amended.
1. Subsection 1 (3) of Ontario Regulation 354/04 is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) For the purpose of undertaking and managing investigations into major cases in accordance with the Ontario Major Case Management Manual, every police force shall use the software approved by the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
2. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Access to Ontario Major Case Management Manual and software
3. (1) The Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services shall give to every police force and to the Commission,
(a) a copy of the Ontario Major Case Management Manual; and
(b) the Minister-approved software that subsection 1 (3) requires police forces to use.
(2) The Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services shall take steps to ensure that,
(a) the Ontario Major Case Management Manual and any earlier versions of it that were at any time referred to in this Regulation are available for viewing on the Ministry website; and
(b) the Minister-approved software that subsection 1 (3) requires police forces to use and any other Minister-approved software that this Regulation previously required police forces to use are identified on the Ministry website.
3. The definition of “Ontario Major Case Management Manual” in section 4 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “dated October 1, 2004” and substituting “dated March 2, 2012”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.