ontario regulation 124/12
made under the
Ontario Disability Support Program Act, 1997
Made: May 30, 2012
Filed: June 1, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 1, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 16, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 222/98
1. (1) Paragraph 8 of subsection 44 (1) of Ontario Regulation 222/98 is revoked.
(2) Subsection 44 (5) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(5) A payment under paragraph 8 of subsection (1), as the paragraph read on June 30, 2012, shall not exceed the proportion of the total cost of repairs that represents the person’s proportionate interest in the property.
(5.1) Despite the revocation of paragraph 8 of subsection (1), the following rules apply, in respect of the paragraph as it read on June 30, 2012:
1. Applications for payment under the paragraph may be made up to and including June 30, 2012.
2. Payments under the paragraph, in respect of applications received up to and including June 30, 2012 and that satisfy the Director in accordance with the paragraph, may be made up to and including December 31, 2012.
(5.2) Despite paragraph 2 of subsection (5.1) and the revocation of paragraph 8 of subsection (1), payments may be made under the paragraph as it read on June 30, 2012 after December 31, 2012 if the Director is satisfied that any of the following circumstances apply:
1. Contractual disputes between the recipient and the contractor or the person doing the work prevent completion of the home repairs before December, 31, 2012.
2. There are unforeseen circumstances, where an independent expert who is approved or contracted by the Director confirms that because of the circumstances the repair cannot be completed before December 31, 2012.
3. The home repairs could not be completed before December 31, 2012 because of the condition of the recipient’s or a member of the benefit unit’s health.
2. This Regulation comes into force on July 1, 2012.