ontario regulation 172/12
made under the
Highway Traffic Act
Made: June 20, 2012
Filed: June 22, 2012
Published on e-Laws: June 25, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 7, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 381/98
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 381/98 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) Subject to subsection (2), if the Ministry issues a permit under section 110 of the Act authorizing the moving of heavy vehicles, loads, objects or structures in excess of the dimensional or weight limits set out in section 109 and Part VIII of the Act, respectively, the following fees shall be paid to the Ministry:
For an annual term
For a project
For a single trip where the vehicle, load, object or structure is in excess of dimensional limits
For a single trip where the vehicle, load, object or structure is in excess of weight or weight and dimensional limits, and the gross vehicle weight does not exceed 120,000 kilograms and,
i. the permit is issued for a distance of less than or equal to 100 kilometres
ii. the permit is issued for a distance of greater than 100 kilometres but less than or equal to 500 kilometres
iii. the permit is issued for a distance of greater than 500 kilometres
For a single trip where the vehicle, load, object or structure is in excess of weight or weight and dimensional limits and the gross vehicle weight exceeds 120,000 kilograms
For a replacement permit in case of the loss or destruction of the original
For an amendment to an existing permit, where the amendment does not significantly alter the restriction on the amount of the load being moved or the length of the term of the permit
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(3) The fee for a permit referred to in subsection (1) is the fee that is in effect on the day the permit becomes effective.
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2012 and the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 1 (1) comes into force on January 1, 2013.