ONTARIO REGULATION 224/12
made under the
DAY NURSERIES ACT
Made: July 18, 2012
Filed: July 26, 2012
Published on e-Laws: July 27, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 11, 2012
Amending O. Reg. 393/11
(EXEMPTIONS RE SUBSECTION 11 (1) OF THE ACT)
Note: Ontario Regulation 393/11 has not previously been amended.
1. Ontario Regulation 393/11 is amended by adding the following section:
0.1 In this Regulation,
“Ready to Learn” means a play-based program for junior kindergarten and kindergarten children that complements the junior kindergarten and kindergarten program and that is delivered during the school day when junior kindergarten and kindergarten are not offered; (“Ready to Learn”)
“Ready 2 Learn” has the same meaning as “Ready to Learn”. (“Ready 2 Learn”)
2. Subsection 1 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) The exemptions set out in this section apply during the school year for 2011/2012.
3. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
2. (1) Day nurseries, located in the following schools operated by the Catholic District School Board of Eastern Ontario, that are operated by or on behalf of the Board as part of its “Ready to Learn” program are exempt from the licensing requirement set out in subsection 11 (1) of the Act:
1. St. Gregory Catholic School.
2. J.L. Jordan Catholic School.
3. Holy Cross Catholic School.
4. St. Jude Catholic School.
5. St. Anne Catholic School.
6. Iona Academy.
7. St. Andrew’s Catholic School.
8. St. Mary – St. Cecilia Catholic School.
9. Our Lady of Good Counsel Catholic School.
10. St. Edward Catholic School.
11. St. Mary Catholic School.
12. St. Patrick Catholic School.
(2) The exemptions set out in this section apply during the school year for 2012/2013.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.