ONTARIO REGULATION 293/12
made under the
MINISTRY OF REVENUE ACT
Made: September 26, 2012
Filed: September 27, 2012
Published on e-Laws: September 28, 2012
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 13, 2012
SERVICES TO OTHER MINISTRIES AND PUBLIC BODIES
Prescribed Public Bodies
Prescribed public bodies
1. The following persons and entities are prescribed as public bodies for the purposes of the definition of “public body” in section 10.1 of the Act:
1. District social services administration boards established under the District Social Services Administration Boards Act.
Services re Government Assistance Programs
Housing allowance programs
2. (1) The following are the services that the Minister of Revenue is authorized under clause 11 (3) (a) of the Act to provide to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, to municipalities and to district social services administration boards in the administration of housing allowance programs under the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Act:
1. Verifying the information provided by applicants on their application form for a housing allowance.
2. Determining whether an applicant is eligible for a housing allowance under the program.
(2) The following are the related services that the Minister of Revenue is authorized under clause 11 (3) (b) of the Act to provide to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, to municipalities and to district social services administration boards in the administration of housing allowance programs under the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing Act:
1. Responding to public inquiries about a housing allowance program.
2. Distributing application forms for a housing allowance, based upon information provided to the Minister of Revenue by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing, the municipality or the district social services administration board, as applicable.
3. Accepting applications for a housing allowance.
4. Issuing payments to eligible applicants for a housing allowance and, if authorized by the applicant, issuing payments directly to a landlord on behalf of the applicant.
5. Collecting amounts paid under a housing allowance program to persons who were not entitled to receive them, and collecting any interest and penalties payable on those amounts.
6. Assisting with the design and development of systems and business processes to administer a housing allowance program.
Prescribed collection services
3. The following services are prescribed as related services for the purposes of clause (d) of the definition of “collection services” in subsection 11.1 (1) of the Act:
1. Entering into payment arrangements on behalf of the ministry or public body on whose behalf the Minister of Revenue is providing the collection services.
2. Maintaining and updating debtor accounts, including calculating interest owing.
3. If appropriate, recommending the write-off of an amount owing by the debtor.
Collection services re agricultural and food programs
4. The Minister of Revenue is authorized under subsection 11.1 (2) of the Act to enter into a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and AgriCorp to provide collection services in connection with programs administered by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs or by AgriCorp.
Revocation and Commencement
5. Ontario Regulation 425/10 is revoked.
6. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.