ontario regulation 17/13
made under the
Made: January 17, 2013
Filed: January 22, 2013
Published on e-Laws: January 22, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 9, 2013
Amending Reg. 761 of R.R.O. 1990
(milk and milk products)
1. Regulation 761 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
Annual Animal Health Risk Assessment
34.2 (1) This section applies to every producer of cow’s milk.
(2) Every producer shall ensure that a veterinarian licensed under the Veterinarians Act attends the producer’s premises to perform an annual animal health risk assessment of the producer’s dairy cattle herd in accordance with this section.
(3) The assessment shall be completed during the veterinarian’s on-site visit and shall be documented in the Form entitled “Cattle Health and Veterinary Medicine Use Declaration” dated January 14, 2013 and available on the marketing board’s website.
(4) As part of the assessment, the veterinarian shall conduct a review of the herd’s veterinary medicine use with the producer or with the individual who is responsible for the herd’s veterinary medicine use.
(5) The producer shall keep the completed assessment form on the producer’s premises for at least three years after the date on which the producer signs the form and shall provide a copy to a fieldperson or to the Director on request.
(6) Assessments shall be completed in accordance with the following rules:
1. A producer’s initial assessment shall be completed before the day on which a fieldperson first inspects the producer’s premises after this section comes into force. The initial assessment must have been completed during the 12 months that precede the date of the fieldperson’s inspection.
2. Each subsequent assessment shall be completed annually on or before the anniversary of the date of the producer’s initial assessment.
2. (1) Subsection 55 (5) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “3 to 34, the producer” and substituting “3 to 34.1, or that the producer has not complied with section 34.2, the producer”.
(2) Clause 55 (10) (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “3 to 34” at the end and substituting “3 to 34.2”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of May 1, 2013 and the day it is filed.
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Date made: January 17, 2013.