ontario regulation 187/13
made under the
Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Made: June 19, 2013
Filed: June 21, 2013
Published on e-Laws: June 21, 2013
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 6, 2013
Amending O. Reg. 415/06
1. Ontario Regulation 415/06 is amended by adding the following Part:
Information Concerning Students and Graduates
Information, students and graduates
36.1 (1) On the request of the Superintendent, private career colleges shall provide the following information about a current student or graduate:
1. The individual’s name.
2. The individual’s student number.
3. The individual’s permanent address and his or her local address if it differs from the permanent address.
4. The individual’s permanent and local telephone numbers and cell phone number, if any.
5. The individual’s email address.
6. The individual’s date of birth.
7. The individual’s gender.
8. Whether the individual’s first language is English or French.
9. Whether the individual requires accommodation in order to participate in a survey.
10. Whether the individual is or was on a student visa.
11. Whether the individual received a student loan under the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act or any other government funding.
12. The details of the individual’s program, including its name, duration (in hours and weeks), format (whether full-time or part-time) and whether the program involves or involved a practicum.
(2) In addition to the information requested under subsection (1), the Superintendent may require that private career colleges provide the following information about their graduates:
1. The graduates’ dates of graduation.
2. The term or semester in which the graduates graduated.
3. The pass rate for the program.
Purpose for collection of information
36.2 (1) The Superintendent may collect the information referred to in section 36.1 solely for the purpose of developing performance indicators.
(2) The Superintendent shall ensure that,
(a) for the benefit of the public, the information on the performance indicators is published; and
(b) the information is published in an aggregate form so that individuals cannot be identified.
36.3 For the purpose of the notice required by subsection 39 (2) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the Superintendent shall post public notice of the collection of information under section 36.1 on the Ministry’s website.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.