ontario regulation 51/14
made under the
Pension Benefits Act
Made: March 5, 2014
Filed: March 7, 2014
Published on e-Laws: March 7, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 22, 2014
Amending Reg. 909 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 78 of Regulation 909 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
78. (1) The administrator of a pension plan shall establish a statement of investment policies and procedures for the plan that meets the requirements of the federal investment regulations as modified in sections 47.8 and 79 of this Regulation.
(2) The federal investment regulations, as modified in sections 47.8 and 79 of this Regulation, apply with respect to the statement of investment policies and procedures for the plan.
2. Section 79 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) Despite subsection (1), investments in the following securities are excluded from the restriction set out in subsection 9 (1) of Schedule III of the federal investment regulations:
1. Securities issued by the Government of the United States of America.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.