ontario regulation 128/14
made under the
French Language Services Act
Made: April 30, 2014
Filed: May 2, 2014
Published on e-Laws: May 2, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 17, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 398/93
(DESIGNATION OF PUBLIC SERVICE AGENCIES)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 398/93 is revoked and the following substituted:
2. (1) Laurentian University of Sudbury is designated as a public service agency for the purpose of the definition of “government agency” in section 1 of the Act in respect of the following services:
1. The provision of programs leading to the following degrees:
i. Bachelor of Commerce (B.Comm.).
ii. Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.).
iii. Bachelor of Physical and Health Education (B.P.H.E.).
iv. Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.).
v. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc.N.).
vi. Bachelor of Social Work (B.S.W.).
vii. Bachelor of Arts (B.A.).
viii. Bachelor of Health Sciences (B.H.Sc.).
ix. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Human Studies.
x. Master of Human Kinetics (M.H.K.).
xi. Master of Social Work (M.S.W.).
xii. Master of Arts (M.A.).
xiii. Master of Health Sciences (M.H.Sc.).
2. Academic support services provided to students and prospective students by the schools or departments of the University that offer the degrees listed in paragraph 1.
3. Non-academic services provided to students by the University.
(2) The designation made by subsection (1) is limited to services provided by the University at its Sudbury campus.
(3) The designation made by paragraph 1 of subsection (1) does not apply to courses provided only in English if it is possible to complete the requirements for each of the listed degrees by taking only courses provided in French.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2014 and the day it is filed.