ontario regulation 229/14
made under the
Made: November 26, 2014
Filed: November 27, 2014
Published on e-Laws: November 28, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 13, 2014
Amending O. Reg. 89/14
(SERVICE PROVIDERS - LISTED EXPENSES)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 89/14 is amended by adding the following definition:
“settlement” has the same meaning as in subsection 9.1 (1) of Regulation 664 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Automobile Insurance) made under the Act; (“règlement”)
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Exception, s. 288.1 (2) of the Act
2.1 Amounts payable that have been approved by an insurer in accordance with the Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule that would otherwise be listed expenses are not listed expenses if the following circumstances exist:
1. There is a settlement between an insurer and an insured person that includes or otherwise provides for the approved amounts.
2. The requirements of section 9.1 of Regulation 664 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Automobile Insurance) made under the Act have been met with respect to the settlement.
3. The settlement has not been rescinded under subsection 9.1 (4) or (5) of Regulation 664 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of December 1, 2014 and the day it is filed.