ontario regulation 312/14
made under the
Farm Products Marketing Act
Made: November 19, 2014
Approved: December 18, 2014
Filed: December 23, 2014
Published on e-Laws: December 23, 2014
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 10, 2015
Amending O. Reg. 484/09
(GRAIN (GRAIN CORN, SOYBEANS AND WHEAT) - PLAN)
1. Subsections 9 (2) to (6) of Ontario Regulation 484/09 are revoked and the following substituted:
(2) The local board shall appoint a board member for a district within seven days after the board’s first meeting following an election if,
(a) the District Grain Committee for a district fails to elect a board member on or before March 1; or
(b) the District Grain Committee for a district notifies the local board in writing on or before March 1 that it is unable to elect a board member.
(3) The local board may hold its first meeting after an election at any time after each district has either elected a board member or informed the local board that it is unable to elect a board member, but in any case the local board shall hold its first meeting on or before March 16.
(4) If the members of the local board do not appoint a board member for a district under subsection (2), the Commission may appoint a board member for the district within 30 days after the end of the time period set out in subsection (2).
(5) A new board member takes office on the day of the first board meeting that is held after the member’s election or appointment and, subject to subsections (6) and (7), holds office until the day before the first board meeting after the elections in the second year following the year of the member’s election or appointment.
(6) Board members elected in 2014 by the District Grain Committees for Districts 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 and 15 shall hold office only until the day before the first board meeting that is held after the elections in 2015.
(7) If a delegate to a District Grain Committee is elected to the local board under this section or is appointed under this section or section 11 and subsequently resigns as delegate to the Committee before his or her term as board member ends under subsection (5) or (6), his or her term as a board member ends on the day the resignation as delegate to the Committee becomes effective.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2015 and the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Commission de commercialisation des produits agricoles de l’Ontario :
Secretary to the Commission
Date made: November 19, 2014.
Pris le : 19 novembre 2014.
I approve this Regulation.
J’approuve le présent règlement.
Le ministre de l’Agriculture, de l’Alimentation et des Affaires rurales
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Date approved: December 18, 2014.
Approuvé le : 18 décembre 2014.