ontario regulation 38/06
made under the
Energy Efficiency Act
Made: February 3, 2006
Filed: February 15, 2006
Published on e-Laws: February 16, 2006
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 4, 2006
Amending O. Reg. 82/95
1. (1) Item 17 of the Schedule to Ontario Regulation 82/95, as remade by section 2 of Ontario Regulation 384/05, is revoked.
(2) The Schedule to the Regulation is amended by adding the following item:
17. Air-conditioners and heat pumps that are single package or split-system, single or three-phase, that do not exceed 19 kilowatts in cooling or heating capacity.
CSA C656-05, Performance Standard for Split-System and Single Package Central Air-Conditioners and Heat Pumps
Clause 7.2.1 and Column 2 of Table 3 of CSA C656-05
February 15, 2006
2. (1) Item 56 of the Schedule to the Regulation is revoked.
(2) Item 56 of the Schedule to the Regulation, as remade by section 2 of Ontario Regulation 384/05, is revoked.
(3) The Schedule to the Regulation is amended by adding the following item:
56. Thermostats used for line-voltage (120-240V) switching of a controlled resistive heating load including wall-mounted, built-in (up to 1,500 W) and two component thermostats.
CAN/CSA C828-99, Performance Requirements for Thermostats Used with Individual Room Electric Space Heating Devices
Clause 3.2 of CAN/CSA C828-99
January 1, 2007
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Subsection 2 (3) comes into force on January 1, 2007.