ontario regulation 168/09
made under the
food safety and quality act, 2001
Made: April 22, 2009
Filed: April 23, 2009
Published on e-Laws: April 24, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 9, 2009
Amending O. Reg. 223/05
1. Subsection 2 (1) of Ontario Regulation 223/05 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) For every inspector who performs supplementary inspections at a slaughter plant under subsection 57.2 (1) of the meat regulation, the operator of the plant shall pay a fee of,
(a) $20 for every hour that the inspector performs supplementary inspections on a day other than a holiday; and
(b) $25 for every hour that the inspector performs supplementary inspections on a holiday.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Fees for certain supplementary inspections not payable
2.1 (1) This section applies in respect of a slaughter plant for which a director has established an inspection schedule under subsection 57.1 (1) of the meat regulation that provides for inspectors to be performing inspections at the plant for 37.5 hours on five days in a seven-day period.
(2) If a director assigns inspectors to perform supplementary inspections under subsection 57.2 (1) of the meat regulation at a plant described in subsection (1) on a day within the seven-day period that is not one of the five days on which inspectors are normally assigned to perform inspection under the inspection schedule, fees that would otherwise be payable under subsection 2 (1) in respect of the first 7.25 hours of supplementary inspections performed on that day are waived unless that day is a holiday.
3. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Supplementary inspections — veterinary inspectors
3. For every veterinary inspector who performs inspections at a plant under subsection 57.2 (3) of the meat regulation, the operator of a plant shall pay a fee of $40 for every hour that the veterinary inspector performs the inspections.
4. Subsection 3.1 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) The fee payable by the operator of a slaughter plant specified in a provisional authorization issued under the meat regulation to slaughter one or more food animals outside of a slaughter plant is $40 for every hour that a veterinary inspector attends at the operator’s plant to conduct a post mortem inspection of the carcasses of the animals.
5. Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “section 138.4” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “section 57.3”.
6. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
Date made: April 22, 2009.