ONTARIO REGULATION 278/10
made under the
NORTHERN SERVICES BOARDS ACT
Made: June 22, 2010
Filed: July 8, 2010
Published on e-Laws: July 12, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 24, 2010
ORDER FOR DISSOLUTION — LOCAL SERVICES BOARD OF EVA MARION LAKE
Dissolution of Board, Board area
1. The Local Services Board of Eva Marion Lake and the Board area are hereby dissolved under section 32 of the Act.
Delivery of documents and property
2. Within 30 days of receiving a copy of this order, a member or secretary of the Board who was elected into office for the Board’s 2004-2005 fiscal year and who held office at any time from October 1, 2004 to the date of the order, shall deliver to the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry, if required by the Ministry,
(a) all Board documents, records and files, including minute books, by-laws, contracts, bank account records and any other financial books and records that are under the Board’s care or control;
(b) all property of the Board, including title to any real property; and
(c) a certification in a form approved by the Ministry that all documents and property required by the Ministry that are under the Board’s care or control have been delivered to the Ministry.
Assets held in trust by Ministry
3. The Board’s assets and liabilities are transferred in trust to the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry.
4. (1) The Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry has general supervision of the Board’s assets and the power to do anything reasonably necessary to implement this order effectively, including,
(a) identifying, seizing and disposing of the Board’s assets;
(b) using the proceeds of any sale of assets to make the payments listed in subsection (2);
(c) appointing an agent or trustee to implement the order; and
(d) doing anything else necessary to wind up the Board’s affairs and activities.
(2) The proceeds mentioned in clause (1) (b) shall be used to pay the following, in the following order:
1. The agent or trustee, if any, for costs incurred in dealing with the assets.
2. The Board’s creditors for any outstanding debts owed.
3. The Ministry’s costs in implementing this order.
5. The Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry shall publish an invitation to creditors of the Board to inform the Ministry of any claims or debts in,
(a) the Atikokan Progress newspaper;
(b) the Chronicle Journal newspaper; and
(c) in local newspapers in any other communities as may be considered appropriate.
Records and files to be kept
6. The records and files of the Board shall be kept by the Ministry of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry for at least seven years from the date of this order.
7. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Michael John Gravelle
Minister of Northern Development, Mines and Forestry
Date made: June 22, 2010.