ontario regulation 286/10
made under the
Occupational Therapy Act, 1991
Made: May 19, 2010
Approved: July 13, 2010
Filed: July 14, 2010
Published on e-Laws: July 15, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 31, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 226/96
1. Sections 17, 18 and 19 of Ontario Regulation 226/96 are revoked and the following substituted:
17. (1) The Registrar shall ensure that notice is given in accordance with this Part with respect to each of the following that is required to be open to the public under the Act:
1. A meeting of the Council.
2. A hearing of the Discipline Committee respecting allegations of a member’s professional misconduct or incompetence.
(2) The notice must, where possible, be posted not less than 14 days before the date of the meeting or hearing on the website of the College.
(3) The notice must be posted in English and French.
(4) The notice must include,
(a) the date, time and location of the meeting or hearing;
(b) a statement of the purpose of the meeting or hearing including, in the case of a hearing, the name of the member against whom the allegations have been made and the member’s principal place of practice; and
(c) an address or telephone number at which further information about the meeting or hearing may be obtained.
(5) The Registrar shall provide the information described in subsection (4) to every person who requests it.
(6) No meeting or hearing is invalid simply because this Part has not been complied with.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Council of the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario:
Barbara J. Worth
Carol A. Mieras
Date made: May 19, 2010.