ontario regulation 431/10
made under the
Early Childhood Educators Act, 2007
Made: October 28, 2010
Approved: November 17, 2010
Filed: November 24, 2010
Published on e-Laws: November 26, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 11, 2010
Amending O. Reg. 221/08
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 221/08 is amended by adding the following definitions:
“Agreement on Internal Trade” means the Agreement on Internal Trade as defined in subsection 2 (1) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009; (“Accord sur le commerce intérieur”)
“authorizing certificate”, in relation to the profession of early childhood education, means a certificate, licence, registration, or other form of official recognition granted by an out-of-province regulatory authority to an individual, which attests to the individual being qualified to practise the profession of early childhood education and authorizes the individual to practise the profession of early childhood education or use a title or designation relating to the profession of early childhood education, or both; (“certificat d’autorisation”)
“out-of-province regulatory authority” means a body or individual that is authorized under an Act of Canada or of a province or territory of Canada that is a party to the Agreement on Internal Trade, other than Ontario, to grant an authorizing certificate; (“autorité de réglementation extraprovinciale”)
2. (1) Subparagraph 1 iv of section 7 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “a prior learning assessment process” and substituting “an assessment process”.
(2) Subparagraph 1 v of section 7 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
v. possession of a letter of equivalency certificate or a recognition of equivalency certificate issued by the Association of Early Childhood Educators Ontario or the Association francophone à l’éducation des services à l’enfance de l’Ontario, in each case, no later than February 23, 2014, if the applicant applied for the letter or the recognition no later than December 31, 2010.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Standards and qualifications for general certificate of registration, holder of authorizing certificate
7.1 (1) Except as modified by this section, the requirements set out in sections 4, 5 and 7 are the standards and qualifications that apply for a general certificate of registration to be issued under subsection 25 (1) of the Act to an applicant who already holds an authorizing certificate in early childhood education granted by an out-of-province regulatory authority that is equivalent to the general certificate of registration issued by the College.
(2) The applicant is deemed to have met the requirements of paragraph 4 of subsection 5 (2) where the requirements for the granting of the authorizing certificate to the applicant included language proficiency requirements equivalent to the requirements set out in that paragraph.
(3) The applicant is deemed to have met the requirements of paragraphs 1 and 2 of section 7 if the applicant provides a certificate, letter or other evidence satisfactory to the Registrar from every out-of-province regulatory authority from which the applicant currently holds an authorizing certificate in early childhood education confirming that the authorizing certificate in early childhood education that the out-of-province regulatory authority granted to the applicant is in good standing.
(4) Despite subsections (2) and (3) and in addition to the requirements in those subsections, the applicant must meet any registration requirement that,
(a) is listed on the publicly accessible website referred to in clause 9 (3) (a) of the Ontario Labour Mobility Act, 2009; and
(b) is stated on the website to be a permissible certification requirement for early childhood educators, adopted by the Government of Ontario under Article 708 of the Agreement on Internal Trade.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
Council of the College of Early Childhood Educators:
Conseil de l’Ordre des éducatrices et des éducateurs de la petite enfance :
La registratrice intèrimaire,
Date made: October 28, 2010.
Pris le : 28 octobre 2010.