ontario regulation 517/10
made under the
health care consent act, 1996
Made: December 15, 2010
Filed: December 17, 2010
Published on e-Laws: December 20, 2010
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 1, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 104/96
1. Sections 1 and 2 of Ontario Regulation 104/96 are revoked and the following substituted:
1. (1) Social workers are evaluators for the purposes of subsection 2 (1) of the Act.
(2) In this section,
“social worker” means a member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers who holds a certificate of registration for social work.
2. Social workers and persons described in clauses (a) to (g) of the definition of “evaluator” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act may act as evaluators in the following circumstances:
1. For the purpose of determining whether a person is capable with respect to his or her admission to a care facility.
2. For the purpose of determining whether a person is capable with respect to a personal assistance service.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the later of January 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.