ontario regulation 81/11
made under the
Wine content and Labelling Act, 2000
Made: March 23, 2011
Filed: March 25, 2011
Published on e-Laws: March 29, 2011
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 9, 2011
Amending O. Reg. 659/00
(Content and Labelling of Wine)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 659/00 is revoked and the following substituted:
CONTENT OF WINE
2. Subsection 2 (1.1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1.1) A winery that uses imported grapes or grape product in the manufacture of wine shall, in manufacturing all such wine during any of the following periods, use an average of 40 per cent or more of grapes grown in Ontario or grape product produced from such grapes to which no water has been added at any time, for wine that is packaged on or after September 1, 2010 and that is not Vintners Quality Alliance wine as defined in the Vintners Quality Alliance Act, 1999:
1. The period from September 1, 2010 to March 31, 2012.
2. The period from April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2013.
3. The period from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2014.
3. Subsection 3 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario” in the portion before clause (a) and substituting “Registrar of Alcohol and Gaming”.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 1, 2011 and the day it is filed.