Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry (Protection of Animal Welfare) Order 2011
I, Conall O’Connell, Secretary of the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, make this Order under section 17 of the Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry Act 1997.
Dated 2 June 2011
Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
1 Name of Order
This Order is the Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry (Protection of Animal Welfare) Order 2011.
This Order commences on the day after it is registered.
In this Order:
live-stock export licence has the meaning given by section 7 of the Australian Meat and Live-stock Industry Act 1997.
4 Prohibited places of export in Indonesia
(1) Subject to section 6, the holder of a live-stock export licence must not export live-stock to any of the following places in the Republic of Indonesia:
1. Bayur, Jakarta, Banten
2. Gondrong, Jakarta, Banten
3. Terpadu, Bogor, West Java
4. Depok, Jakarta, Banten
5. Z Beef, Banderlampung, Sumatra
6. Kaliawi, Banderlampung, Sumatra
7. Mabar, Medan, Sumatra
8. Jalan Stasiun, near Medan, Sumatra
9. Tani Asli, near Medan, Sumatra
10. Kota Binjai, near Medan, Sumatra
11. Mataram, West Nusa Tenggara, Lombok
12. Taliwang, West Nusa Tenggara, Sumbawa
(2) For the purposes of subsection (1), export of live-stock to a place includes export with the intention or knowledge that the live-stock will be taken to that place in the course of, or following, export.
5 Declaration and evidence that live-stock will not be exported to prohibited place
Subject to section 6, before exporting live-stock, the holder of a live-stock export licence must provide to the Secretary:
(1) a declaration that the holder has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the live-stock will not be taken to any of the places listed in subsection 4(1); and
(2) evidence that it is not intended that the live-stock be taken to any of the places listed in subsection 4(1).
6 Where approval granted by Minister
Sections 4 and 5 do not apply to an export which has been approved by the Minister under section 5 of the Export Control (Protection of Animal Welfare) Order 2011.