Australian Securities and Investments Commission
ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition in Exchange Markets) 2011 –
subrule 1.2.1(1) – Class Rule Waiver
1. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) makes this instrument under subrule 1.2.1(1) of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition in Exchange Markets) 2011 (ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition)).
2. This instrument is ASIC Class Rule Waiver [CW 13/1448].
3. This instrument commences on the later of:
(a) 25 November 2013; or
(b) the date it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003.
Note: An instrument is registered when it is recorded on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) in electronic form: see Legislative Instruments Act 2003, section 4 (definition of register). The FRLI may be accessed at http://www.frli.gov.au/.
4. ASIC relieves a Participant from the obligation to comply with subrule 4.1.1(1) of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition).
Where this instrument applies
5. This instrument applies where the Participant enters into a Transaction by matching an Auction Imbalance Order on the ASX Market, in accordance with Procedure 4026 of the ASX Operating Rules Procedures.
6. In this instrument:
ASX means ASX Limited (ACN 008 624 691).
ASX Market means the Financial Market operated by ASX.
ASX Operating Rules means the operating rules of ASX Market as at the date of this instrument.
ASX Operating Rules Procedures means the procedures to the ASX Operating Rules as at the date of this instrument.
Auction Imbalance Order has the meaning given by Rule 7100 of the ASX Operating Rules
7. In this instrument, unless the contrary intention appears, capitalized terms have the meaning given by the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition).
Dated this 19th day of November 2013
Signed by Greg Yanco
as a delegate of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission