Australian Securities and Investments Commission
ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition in Exchange Markets) 2011 –
Rule 1.2.1(1) – Class Rule Waiver
1. The Australian Securities and Investments Commission ("ASIC") makes this instrument under Rule 1.2.1(1) of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition in Exchange Markets) 2011 (the "ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition)").
2. This instrument is ASIC Class Rule Waiver [CW 13/1479].
3. This instrument commences on the later of:
(a) 25 November 2013; or
(b) the date it is registered under the Legislative Instruments Act 2003.
Note: An instrument is registered when it is recorded on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments (FRLI) in electronic form: see Legislative Instruments Act 2003, section 4 (definition of register). The FRLI may be accessed at http://www.frli.gov.au.
4. ASIC relieves a Participant from the obligation to comply with Rule 4.1.1(1) of the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition).
Where this instrument applies
5. This instrument applies to a Transaction entered into by the Participant in accordance with Procedure 4.5 of the Chi–X Operating Rules Procedures as a result of placing a Market on Close Order on the Chi-X Market.
6. In this instrument:-
Chi-X means Chi-X Australia Pty Ltd (ACN 129 584 667).
Chi-X Market means the Financial Market operated by Chi-X.
Chi X Operating Rules Procedures means the procedures applicable to the Chi-X Market as at the commencement date of this instrument and known as "Chi-X Australia Operating Rules: Procedures Version 1.5".
Market on Close means the Hidden Order of that name available on the Chi-X Market as referred to in Procedures 4.2 and 4.5 of the Chi-X Operating Rules Procedures.
Participant means a participant of the Chi-X Market.
7. In this instrument, unless the contrary intention appears, capitalised terms have the meaning given by the ASIC Market Integrity Rules (Competition).
Dated this 20th day of November 2013
Signed by Greg Yanco
as a delegate of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission