THE AUSTRALIAN NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Australian National University Act 1991
ANU COLLEGE GOVERNANCE STATUTE 2013
The Council of The Australian National University makes the following Statute under
section 50 of the Australian National University Act 1991.
Dated: 24 May 2013.
Professor the Hon Gareth Evans AC QC FASSA
1 Name of Statute
1.1 This Statute is the ANU College Governance Statute 2013.
2.1 This Statute commences on the day after it is registered.
3.1 In this Statute, unless the contrary intention appears:
College means an ANU College established by the Council, including:
· the ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences;
· the ANU College of Asia and the Pacific;
· the ANU College of Business and Economics;
· the ANU College of Engineering and Computer Science;
· the ANU College of Law;
· the ANU College of Medicine, Biology and Environment;
· the ANU College of Physical and Mathematical Sciences.
4.1 The Council may make Rules with respect to the governance of a College.
4.2 In particular, the Council may make Rules in relation to the appointment of the Dean of a College and the delegation of the functions, powers or duties of the College Dean to another person associated with the College.
5.1 The ANU College Governance Statute 2010, as amended and in force immediately before the commencement of this Statute, is repealed.