CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1303602
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1303602.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 32 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, fabrics classified under headings 5210, 5211 or subheading 5212.2 in Schedule 3 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995are prescribed.
4. The application of item 32 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the following conditions:
(a) the value of the fabric must not exceed $2.67 per square metre;
(b) the weight of the fabric must not exceed 510 grams per square metre; and
(c) the fabric must be for use in the manufacture of surgical or adhesive plaster.
5. Item 32 does not apply to the goods in paragraph 3 if:
(a) the fabric weighs 203 grams per square metre or more, they are of Jacquard, dobby, sateen or like weaves; or
(b) the fabric weighs 305 grams per square metre or more, they are of fancy weaves or are woven from fancy yarns; or
(c) if the fabric is classified under heading 5210, the fabric weighs 120 grams per square metre or more.
6. The weights specified in paragraphs 3 and 4 may have a tolerance of plus or minus 1 per cent when measured in accordance with Australian Standards AS 2001.2.13.
7. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty sixth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer