CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1305011
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1305011.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 26 in Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, goods (other than goods referred to in paragraph 4) imported into Australia, the customs value of which is less than $1,000.01, are prescribed.
4. Paragraph 3 does not include:
(a) tobacco, tobacco products or alcoholic beverages;
(b) goods imported by a passenger or a member of the crew of a ship or aircraft arriving in Australia from a place outside Australia; or
(c) goods forming part of a bulk order.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this twenty fifth day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer