CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1243719
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1243719.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of paragraph (a) of item 8 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff
Act 1995, the following goods are prescribed:
(a) theatrical costumes;
(b) props made of metal.
4. The application of paragraph (a) of item 8 to the goods in paragraph 3 is subject to the following conditions:
(a) the Collector must be satisfied that they are for use in theatrical representations;
(b) the goods must be exported from Australia within six months of their importation or such further period as the Collector may in writing allow; and
(c) evidence of the exportation of the goods must be provided to and to the satisfaction of the Collector.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this eleventh day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer