CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1301139
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1301139.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of paragraph (b) of item 1 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff
Act 1995, goods of a scientific nature that are covered by an agreement or arrangement to cooperate in the field of science and technology between the Government of Australia and the government of another country or other countries are prescribed.
4. Item 1 applies to the goods in paragraph 3 if either one of the following conditions is satisfied:
(a) the Collector approves in writing the kinds and quantities of goods to be imported, and the uses to which the goods are to be put; or
(b) the agreement or arrangement provides that the imported goods are to be allowed entry into Australia free of Customs duty.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this eleventh day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer