CUSTOMS ACT 1901
CUSTOMS TARIFF ACT 1995
BY-LAW No. 1300532
I, Geoff Johannes, delegate of the Chief Executive Officer, under section 271 of the Customs Act 1901 make the by-law set out in the Schedule below.
1. This by-law may be cited as Customs By-law No. 1300532.
2. This by-law shall take effect on and from 1 March 2013.
3. For the purposes of item 14 of Schedule 4 to the Customs Tariff Act 1995, goods for use in a petroleum activity in the Eastern Greater Sunrise offshore area are prescribed.
4. For the purposes of this by-law, the Eastern Greater Sunrise offshore area has the same meaning as it has in the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006.
5. For the purposes of this by-law, “petroleum activity” means any activity relating to any of the following operations:
(a) petroleum exploration operations;
(b) operations for the recovery of petroleum;
(c) operations relating to the processing or storage of petroleum;
(d) operations relating to the preparation of petroleum for transport;
(e) operations connected with the construction or operation of a pipeline, within the meaning of the Offshore Petroleum and Greenhouse Gas Storage Act 2006.
6. Paragraph 3 does not include goods that are for personal or domestic use, including food, beverages (including alcoholic beverages), tobacco, toiletries and clothing (other than protective safety clothing for use in a petroleum activity).
7. For the purposes of this by-law, the “Customs Tariff Act 1995” means the Customs Tariff Act 1995, as amended or proposed to be altered.
Dated this eleventh day of February 2013.
Delegate of the
Chief Executive Officer