DETERMINATION OF FISHING CAPACITY
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Southern Squid Jig Fishery Management Plan 2005
SOUTHERN SQUID JIG FISHERY TOTAL ALLOWABLE EFFORT DETERMINATION 2014
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY makes the following Determination pursuant to subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under subsection 11(1) of the Southern Squid Jig Fishery Management Plan 2005.
Dated: 13 November 2014
Made in accordance with a decision made at a meeting of the Commissioners under s23 of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991, this instrument is accepted on behalf of the Commission by:
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Southern Squid Jig Fishery Total Allowable Effort Determination 2014.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases as if it was revoked on 31 December 2015 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Southern Squid Jig Fishery Management Plan 2005 have the same meanings in this Determination as they have in that Plan.
Determination of total allowable effort
5. The total allowable effort for the fishery for the 2015 fishing year commencing on 1 January 2015 and ending on 31 December 2015 is 550 standard squid jigging machines.