DETERMINATION OF FISHING CAPACITY
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002
HEARD ISLAND AND McDONALD ISLANDS FISHERY TOTAL ALLOWABLE CATCH DETERMINATION 2014
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY makes the following Determination pursuant to subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under section 11 of the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002.
Dated: 13 November 2014
Signed in accordance with a
resolution of the Commission
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination 2014.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases as if it was revoked on 30 November 2015 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery Management Plan 2002 have the same meanings in this Determination as they have in that Plan.
Notes: 1. Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
Determination of total allowable catch
5. The total allowable catch for target species and catch limits for other species in the Heard Island and McDonald Islands Fishery for the 2014/2015 fishing year commencing on 1 December 2014 and ending on 30 November 2015 are:
Patagonian Toothfish (Dissostichus eleginoides) 4,410 tonnes
Mackerel Icefish (Champsocephalus gunnari) 309 tonnes
Rat Tails or Grenadiers (Macrourus spp.) 360 tonnes
Unicorn Icefish (Channichthys rhinoceratus) 150 tonnes
Skates and Rays (Bathyraja spp.) 120 tonnes
Grey Rockcod (Lepidonotothen squamifrons) 80 tonnes
All other species 50 tonnes (for each species)