DETERMINATION OF FISHING CAPACITY
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002
Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination (No 3) 2014
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY in order to implement a resolution made on the 4th day of August 2014 by the Commission performing and exercising the domestic fisheries management functions and powers of the Authority, in relation to the management and ongoing review of the fishing capacity of this fishery, and further authorising additional instruments to be executed on its behalf by a decision made under s25 of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991 on 16th October 2014 when giving further effect to its resolution, now makes the following Determination in accordance with subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under section 28 of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002.
Dated: 16th October 2014
Accepted on behalf of the Commission by:
Executive Secretary to the Commission
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination (No 3) 2014.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases to have effect as if repealed on 31 December 2014 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002 (the Plan) have the same meanings in this Determination as they have in the Plan.
Notes: Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
Determination of Total Allowable Catch
5. The total allowable catch for each species in the 2014 fishing year in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery are:
Commercial Scallop (Pecten fumatus): 1500 tonnes (whole weight)
Doughboy scallop (Chlamys (Mimachlamys) asperrimus): 100 tonnes (whole weight)
Revocation of previous Determination
6. The Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination (No 2) 2014 is revoked with effect from the commencement of this Determination.
Note: The revoked Determination (No 2) registered on 8th August 2014 (F2014L01080) previously determined the Commercial Scallop TAC at only 1,000 tonnes. The Commission’s resolution allows this further increase and for the TAC to be even further increased by another determination instrument, if triggered again by circumstances as detailed in its resolution.