Taxation Administration Act 1953 – Exemption for lodgment of 2014 or 2015 Minerals Resource Rent Tax (MRRT) Returns – Large volume non‑payers’ Instrument (No.1) 2014
I, George Hitti, Deputy Commissioner of Taxation, make this instrument under paragraph 117‑5(5)(b) of Schedule 1 to the Taxation Administration Act 1953.
Deputy Commissioner of Taxation
Dated: 22 September 2014
1. Name of Instrument
This instrument is the Taxation Administration Act 1953 – Exemption for lodgment of 2014 or 2015 Minerals Resource Rent Tax (MRRT) Returns – Large volume non-payers’ Instrument (No.1) 2014.
This instrument commences on the day after its registration on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. Exemption from lodgment of 2014 or 2015 MRRT return
Entities covered by this instrument for an MRRT year are not required to lodge an MRRT return for that MRRT year.
4. Who is covered by this Instrument
This instrument applies to an entity for the 2014 or 2015 MRRT year if the entity:
· is required to lodge an MRRT return for that MRRT year,
· did not pay an MRRT instalment in respect of any instalment quarter during that MRRT year, and
· is an entity that the Commissioner has determined, in writing, to be a large volume non‑paying entity for that MRRT year.
Terms used in this instrument have the same meaning as defined in the:
· Minerals Resource Rent Tax Act 2012;
· Income Tax Assessment Act 1997; and
· Taxation Administration Act 1953.