Commonwealth of Australia
Migration Regulations 1994
CLASS OF PERSONS (NETBALL WORLD CUP) 2015
I, MICHAELIA CASH, Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection, acting under sub-subparagraph 1231(2)(a)(iv)(A) of Part 2 of Schedule 1 to the Migration Regulations 1994 (the Regulations):
1. REVOKE Instrument IMMI 14/019 signed on 27 February 2014 (F2014L00212), specifying a class of persons for the purposes of sub-subparagraph 1231(2)(a)(iv)(A) of the Regulations; and
2. SPECIFY for the purposes of sub-subparagraph 1231(2)(a)(iv)(A), each person who is a 2015 Netball World Cup participant applying for a Subclass 400 (Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity)) visa as a class of persons.
For the purpose of this Instrument:
“2015 Netball World Cup” means the sporting event to be held in Sydney from 7 August 2015 to 16 August 2015 and associated events, which include the Invitational Tournament, the International Netball Federation Congress and the International Netball Federation Board and Panels; and
“2015 Netball World Cup participant” means the following groups seeking to enter Australia in connection with the 2015 Netball World Cup:
· Qualifying Teams;
· Team Officials;
· Technical Officials and Umpires;
· Official Delegates attending the International Netball Federation Congress and the International Federation Board and Panels;
· Accredited Media Representatives (excluding media intending to broadcast in Australia).
This Instrument, IMMI 15/027, commences on the day after registration on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments and ceases on 16 September 2015.
Dated: 11 May 2015
Assistant Minister for Immigration and Border Protection