DETERMINATION OF FISHING YEAR
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006
MACQUARIE ISLAND TOOTHFISH FISHERY
FISHING YEAR DETERMINATION 2015
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY makes the following Determination pursuant to subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under section 3 of the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006.
Dated: 18 March 2015
In accordance with a decision taken to have been made without a meeting of the Commissioners under s25 of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991, this instrument is accepted on behalf of the Commission by:
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Fishing Year Determination 2015.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination ceases as if it was revoked on 15 April 2022 unless earlier revoked.
4. The Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Fishing Year Determination 2013 (F2013L00156) is revoked from 15 April 2015.
5. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery Management Plan 2006 have the same meaning in this Determination as they have in that Plan.
Notes: 1. Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
Determination of fishing year
6. The fishing year in the Macquarie Island Toothfish Fishery is:
(a) the period starting on 15 April 2015 and ending at the end of 14 April 2016; and
(b) each subsequent period starting on 15April in a year and ending on 14 April of the following year.