DETERMINATION OF FISHING CAPACITY
Fisheries Management Act 1991
Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002
Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination 2015
The AUSTRALIAN FISHERIES MANAGEMENT AUTHORITY pursuant to a resolution of the Commission performing and exercising the domestic fisheries management functions and powers of the Authority, makes the following Determination in accordance with subsection 17(6)(aa) of the Fisheries Management Act 1991 under section 27(1) of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002.
Dated: 29 June 2015
Made in accordance with a decision taken to have been made at a meeting of the Commissioners under section 25 of the Fisheries Administration Act 1991, this instrument is accepted on behalf of the Commission by:
Australian Fisheries Management Authority
1. This Determination may be cited as the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Total Allowable Catch Determination 2015.
2. This Determination commences on the day after it is registered on the Federal Register of Legislative Instruments.
3. This Determination is repealed on 31 December 2015 unless earlier revoked.
4. Terms used in this Determination that are defined for the purposes of the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery Management Plan 2002 (the Plan) have the same meanings in this Determination as they have in the Plan.
Notes: 1. Terms defined in the Fisheries Management Act 1991 have the same meanings in this Determination.
Determination of Total Allowable Catch
5. The total allowable catch for each species in the 2015 fishing year in the Bass Strait Central Zone Scallop Fishery are:
Commercial Scallop (Pecten fumatus): 2001 tonnes (whole weight)
Doughboy scallop (Chlamys (Mimachlamys) asperrimus): 100 tonnes (whole weight)