No. 23 of 1993. The Eastern Caribbean States Export ANTIGUA
Development Agency Act, 1993. AND BARBUDA
B. T. Carrott,
26th May, 1993.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
No. 23 of 1993.
AN ACT to give legal effect to the Constitution of the Eastern
Caribbean States Export Development Agency, made by the
Authority at its Ninth Meeting at Basseterre on 30th day of May,
[ 10th June, 1993 ]
ENACTED by the Parliament of Antigua and Barbuda as
1. This Act may be cited as the Eastern Caribbean States shoatitle.
Export Development Agency Act, 1993.
2. In this Act - Interpretation.
"the constitution" means the Constitution set out in the
3. The Constitution shall have the force of law in Antigua and constitution to
Barbuda. have the force of law in Antigua
4. This Act comes into force on such day as the Minister Commencement.
responsible for Trade may, by a Notice published in Gazette,
2 The Eastern Caribbean States Export NO. 23 of 1993.
Development Agency Act, 1993.
This Constitution may be cited as the Eastern Caribbean Export Development
2. In this Constitution unless the context otherwise requires:
"the Authority" means the Authority of Heads of Government of the Member
States of the Organisation;
"the Economic Affairs Committee" means the Economic Affairs Committee
established by Articles 5(l)(b) and 7 of the Treaty;
"ECSEDA" means theEastern Caribbean States Export Development Agency
established by Article 3;
"the Members States" has the meaning assigned to it in the Treaty;
"the Organisation" means the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States;
"the Treaty" means the Treaty establishing the Organisation, signed at
Basseterre on the 18th day of June, 198 1;
Establishment of the Eastern Caribbean States Export
1. The Authority hereby establishes and designates as a subsidiary institution of
the Organisation pursuant to section 2 of Article 5 of the Treaty a body to be known
as the Eastern Caribbean States Export Development Agency (hereinafter referred
to as "ECSEDA").
2. ECSEDA shall be a body corporate with perpetual sucessiora