Commissione7s for Oaths (CAP. 90 1
THE COMMISSIONERS FOR OATHS ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Appointment of Commissioners to administer oaths.
3 . Proof of execution of deeds.
4. Oaths under Title by Registration Act.
COMMISSIONERS FOR OATHS
(20th June, 1889.) 1011912.
1. This Act may be cited as the Commissioners for short title.
2. The Chief Justice may appoint Commissioners to t:r$:;;oe,":;ft0
administer oaths in any Court established by the laws of administer oaths.
Antigua and Barbuda and may also empower such Com-
missioners to administer oaths for the purposes of the
Registration and Records Act, the Title by Registration Act Cap. 375.
or any other law. Any such Commissioner may, within the Cap. 429.
area specified in his commission, administer oaths in accor-
dance with this Act and the terms of his Commission. The
Chief Justice may at his pleasure revoke any such
3. Any deed intended for registration which has been Proof execution of of
executed in Antigua and Barbuda may be proved by the oath deeds.
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
2 CAP. 90) Commissioners for Oaths
of the witness, or one of the witnesses, before any Commis-
sioner empowered as aforesaid to administer oaths, for the
purposes of the Registration and Records Act, and such proof
shall be as valid as if made before the Registrar. This sec-
tion shall be read and construed with the Registration and
4. Any oath administered, for the purposes of the Title
Registration A C ~ . by Registration Act, by any Commissioner empowered, as
aforesaid, to administer oaths, for the purposes of the said
Act, shall be as valid and effectual as if the same had been
administered by the Registrar of Titles under the said Act.