Citation of Laws (CAP. 85 1
THE CITATION O F LAWS ACT
Arrangement of Sections
1. Short title.
2. Citation of Ordinance as Act.
3 . Substitution of the word "Act" for the word
CITATION OF LAWS
An Act to provide for the citation of certain laws and
for matters incidental thereto.
(16th July, 1987.) 1411987.
1. This Act may be cited as the Citation of Laws Act. Short title.
2. Every Ordinance in force in Antigua and Barbuda Citation of Ordinance as
at the commencement of this Act is deemed to be and shall Act.
be cited as an Act.
3. ( 1 ) Where the word "Ordinance" occurs in an substitution of
the word "Act"
enactment in force at the commencement of this Act, the for the word
word "Act" shall be substituted- "Ordinance".
(a) in the short title of the enactment;
( b ) in the long title of the enactment;
(c) in any citation in that enactment of an
LAWS OF ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Citation of Laws
(2) From the commencement of this Act the word "Act"
shall be substituted for the word "Ordinance" in all cita-
tions of an Ordinance occurring in a contract, deed, agree-
ment, order or other instrument in force in Antigua and
Barbuda at the commencement of this Act.
Declaration. 4. This Act makes formal amendments only and
accordingly no right, privilege, obligation or liability created
accrued or incurred or which may be created accrued or
incurred under any law or instrument is affected by this Act.